Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

I So Wish I Could Dance...

I do not have cable.
This is very upsetting for me.

Why?
1. I cannot watch the world cup without first traversing through a number of shady websites that say they offer free live streaming, but in reality are loading up my sister's laptop with a number of viruses.
2. I have a habit of getting heavily addicted to a number of television shows. I frequently watch whole series in short periods of time. Most recently I have watched Bones nonstop on Netflix. At least with cable I am limited by schedules...without it I am subject to my whims and instant play. Not a good combo.
3. I cannot watch So You Think You Can Dance.

I love this show. The dancing is always incredible! The dancing is amazing because the contestants are actually talented (unlike Dancing With the Stars) and the dances are inspiring, we're talking Emmy award winning here.

I am not a dancer. I cannot Waltz without crushing the toes of my partner, I cannot Salsa without twisting myself into a pretzel, and I cannot break dance because I get dizzy easily and have a tender head. But let me tell you a secret...I wish I could dance so so so so badly.

I honestly believe dancing to be one of the most beautiful forms of art possible. It is the most basic form of communication and yet conveys some of the deepest emotions anyone has ever felt.

Here is one of my favorite dances of all time from So You Think You Can Dance. The choreographer created this Viennese Waltz to express the beauty of the world to his daughter who is severely handicapped at the hands of a terrible disease.



I just got chills.

1 comment:

  1. Go to the website channel 131. They have all of season 6 & 7. They post new shows the day after airing.

    ReplyDelete