Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

goodreads.com

Okay, I love my internship. Is there anything better than getting a sweet resume builder that pushes me to explore new features of the internet and then write about it?! Man. I am so lucky.

Today as a result of my fantastic internship with the Internet Safety Project I discovered goodreads!

Okay, maybe I am just way behind in the world because this site apparently has over 3 million members and I have probably only heard of it once before. But, oh my gosh, it is SO COOL!

So basically you just review the books you've read and read other people's reviews of them. Sounds simple, but it is so much more! They have all of these features where you can look through really good quotes, take quizzes on certain books or just answer general trivia questions. You can create books groups and vote on your favorite books. You can become a fan of authors you like and (this is the best part in my opinion) see what books your favorite authors like!

Sometimes I get really sick of reading the classics that I should be reading and want to find something new but don't know where to look. This site is a great solution to that problem!

Does it sound like I'm advertising here? I am just a tiny bit. I have a new dream that my friends will get profiles at this site and then maybe we can easily share new books we like. I know this blog is suppose to help me do that (which I will continue), but I like the idea of a whole social network devoted to it!

So check it out! Be my friend! My username is emmasabaker.

Just to spice it up, here is one of my favorite young adult books ever by Sarah Dessen, who is on goodreads.
Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. So, apparently Sarah Dessen is writing another book...I wonder if it would be weird for me to keep reading her stuff...even when i am certainly out of her target audience?

    (That's my favorite one, too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only just recently discovered the world of blogs, and I have to say you're quickly becoming one of my favorites. Great post and look forward to seeing more from you.

    ReplyDelete