Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

So, I actually do have Mono.

Dang it.

DANG IT.

Dang it.

I went to the doctor.
Nice guy, actually. Very concerned. Kind demeanor. Friendly, even.
I got my blood drawn.
And I didn't pass out!

It would have been a positive experience...

except for the end result, which was:

Mono.

Officially known as Mononucleosis.

What. A. Bummer.

But, it's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Apparently there are varying degrees of Mono and I only have a more mild case (I'm hoping!). Plus, it helps that school is already over and my finals week is a piece of cake, so I don't have to do much beyond sleep.

I'm actually kind of excited because now I can find time to do those things I have been putting off. Here is the list:

1. Finish all of the grading for the little computer science sweet[boogers]hearts. I feel more justified in my lax work ethic this semester now that I know it has been mono ridden, but still, I'm feeling bad.

2. Knit. Travis taught me how to knit over Thanksgiving break, and I have a scarf I am determined to get most of the way through before finals.

3. Clean my room. My roommate Nicole has been a real trooper with my cleanliness this semester. I usually am pretty good about things, but in such small quarters I'm having trouble containing my mess.

4. Cook. I'm planning on making Travis dinner every night this week as a part of his Christmas present. I might post my creations on my blog as bragging rights. Or as mere proof that I can, in fact, cook.

5. Read. Wow. I can actually read again! It's a MIRACLE! First book on the list? In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. I hear it's gruesome, but I'm excited to read something new.

6.Sleep. Somewhere in there, I'll sleep.

And then Friday it's back to North Carolina! C-R-A-Z-Y! But I'm excited to celebrate Christmas with my parents, I'm really in the Christmas mood today. I'm loving it! :)

1 comment:

  1. You have my seal of approval on #3 and 4. If I reap the benefits of both of them...

    ReplyDelete