Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood: A True Account of a Multiple Murder and Its ConsequencesIn Cold Blood: A True Account of a Multiple Murder and Its Consequences by Truman Capote

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Really well written. I especially appreciated reading it after my post-modern literature class in school where we learned a lot about this style of "new journalism" that became popular in the 1960's. If you like this then you should definitely read some Norman Mailer Armies of the Night.

The book was definitely disturbing though, especially in light of how it is true story. Don't read this one at night. For some reason motive-less murders don't make the best dream catchers...



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Only 4 out of 5? Really? I'd give it at least 4.5 even if it did scare the snot our of me...which as probably the point.

    ReplyDelete