Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Birthday Lists

Dear Reader,

I apologize for my recent decline in posts. I spent the last weekend here:

Amazing. 

And a perfectly valid excuse, no?

But on to my point...today is my 20th birthday! That's right, I am no longer a teenager! My mother can stop crying herself to sleep every night, for now I am a RESPONSIBLE ADULT!

Haha. Okay. Okay. I know, my humor really has picked up.

But guess who else turned 20 today?!


That's right! Soulja Boy and I both turned 20 today! Same day, same year...it's pretty obvious that we were separated at birth. I'm sure he misses me a bunch, I'll probably give him a call. Maybe he'll loan me those shades, I left mine at the beach.

Okay. Fine. I'll buy my own glasses.

But really, I've decided to commemorate today BY...making a list! YES! Lists are by far one of my most favorite things to make, so I am giving myself a present! (I now ask you, dear reader, to ignore the incredibly high nerd factor of someone who looks for excuses to make lists -- that can be your birthday present to me).

So here it is:
20 Things I, Emma SueAlice Baker, Want To Do Before I Am 25: 
(I have a talent for lists not their titles).

1. Get my Bachelors degree.
2. Go on a service abroad.
3. Buy a car.
4. Start working on a Masters degree.
5. Be a REALLY GOOD English teacher.
6. Write a short story or personal essay or poetry collection.
7. Get said work published in a literary magazine.
8. Be given a dozen roses.
9. Go to New York City.
10. Learn how to waltz with confidence.
11. Make temple covenants.
12. Conquer a fear
13. Have my whole family in one place at one time. All fourteen of them.
14. Read 100 books [for fun] in one year.
15. Write a poem in another language.
16. Own a collection. (I don't know of what...)
17. Improve physical health. No more stress-sick-Emma.
18. Eat something I've dreamed about.
19. Take a spontaneous road trip.
20. Figure out how to be an adult.

Hmmm...not bad, huh? Completely do-able, which is good. No unrealistic expectations, just my honest goals. I like how this says a lot about me with very few words. What would yours say?

I really do love lists. The way they summarize everything up into lovely, logical lists is so delicious. I think I am going to make lists a part of this blog -- like one list every week, a regular feature. There is no limit on the topics, so if you have any list ideas, please submit. In fact, if you have any lists of your own then share.

5 comments:

  1. You are a nerd. I turn 25 in 2 days...I've done about half of your list. I feel ok about myself. And I always thought you were adopted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that for the spontaneous road trip thing...that should happen this winter when we get together...because now we're BOTH "responsible" adults per your instructions. Which means, of course, we should strike out on our own somewhere!

    Also, happy cakeday again, lovely lady. Let me know when you figure out how to be an adult...I think I need some help with that one. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha love it. I am now looking up who is my long lost twin. I doubt I can beat Soulja Boy. Happiest of birthdays to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I literally had a dream the other night about eating tacos at taco bell. If your dreams are so lowbrow as mine, you could check one of those babies right off your list (you know, the one about eating food you dream about--if you meant that literally)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If some one wishes to be updated with latest technologies afterward
    he must be go to see this site and be up to date every day.


    My web page :: buy a used Car in new york

    ReplyDelete